The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Saturday February 18, 2006 at 08:55
Lyndel McGee
RC Moderator
August 2001
You may be receiving this message following download and install of the named Version 2.1.1 of the Philips Pronto Pro NG Software, which by the way, is Version 2.1.4 according to the About Box.

The problem most likely occurs because the USB driver was corrupted or invalidated.

So, please before posting a thread, if your situation meets the above conditions, please read the following threads and follow instructions to reinstall the USB drivers.

[Link: remotecentral.com]

If you are still having problems after a reboot and reinstallation of drivers + reboot, please feel free to post a new thread. When posting a new thread, please include as much information as possible below to help us to resolve your problem.

1. Your software version. Your previous software version
2. Your OS version and any Service Packs.
3. Your remote version.
4. The location of the USB Port where you are attempting to connect the remote. (USB Hub, Front of PC, Back of PC, and whether you are using a laptop)
5. Whether you have ever been able to upload/download on previous versions of software.

There have been quite a few connection problems of late. 95% of them result in driver installation issues. I've also been told that sometimes when switching between downloading to the 7000 and downloading to the 7500, that the drivers are uninstalled/corrupted forcing you to reinstall the drivers.

To eliminate unnecessary and duplicate posts, I'm putting up this post in the hopes that users will search prior to posting. I've extended the keywords in the subject so that folks may find this information quicker and easier.

Many thanks,
Lyndel McGee

Last edited by Lyndel McGee on February 18, 2006 09:09.
Lyndel McGee
Philips Pronto Addict/Beta Tester

Hosting Services by ipHouse