The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 179 made on Friday November 18, 2005 at 14:43
Lowpro
Select Member
March 2004
On November 17, 2005 at 11:17, Timbre said...
Thanks... one more question.

I was noticing when you are doing the pages for
loading a dvd you use a link to another page with
a button that has a jump to the loading screen.
Is there any reason for this? Can it be done the
same way with a jump directly in the pre and post
macro to the load screen of choice?

thanks
timbre

Use my setup page for reference when reading the reply below.

Yes it can, but it is not advised. I devised my setup page and the 400 slot macros in a very specific way for a reason. The 400 slot macros are only referencing the pre-macro, slot number, and post-macro buttons on the setup page. In turn, the pre and post-macro buttons are only referencing buttons on that same page in the 2nd and 3rd columns. This keeps everything in tact at all times, irrespective of whether you have anything linked to the buttons in the 2nd and 3rd column of the setup page or not.

This is considered a dynamic setup. It allows one to simply copy my DVD changer device into their .pcf file, link the buttons in the IR codes column to their IR code buttons already in their .pcf file, then either leave the buttons under the page jumps column in tact, or point those to different loading pages.

There is no benefit to linking anything directly to the action lists of the pre and post-macros outside of the setup page. This opens up the possibility of say your target page being deleted (such as a loading screen page) and that action list item in the pre or post-macro being lost. I have the timing of the loading pages down to the second it takes for the changer to load a given disc. If I want to put new loading pages in place for instance, I don't have to go to the action list of the pre and post-macro and add jumps in all the right places, then deleting jumps to my prior loading pages. That would be a pain and defeats the whole purpose of having the setup page. Instead, I just go to the page jumps column of my setup page and direct each button to its new loading screen page.

Last edited by Lowpro on November 21, 2011 21:33.
LP Related Links:
View my profile to access various
links to key posts and downloads.

Hosting Services by ipHouse