Lowpro
Select Member
March 2004
On 11/17/05 00:43 ET, Timbre said...
Got a question for you.

I have noticed that in all of your devices the
pages are hidden. Is that to restrict what the
remote can manually page to?

Yes. The only pages I ever want to be able to page up and down through are my channel icon pages and my DVD cover image pages. This is why the rest of the pages are hidden in my .pcf file.

When you moved each set of ir codes to the respective
device, does it make it harder to work with the
device? It seems easier, but for the most part
all the configs that I have looked at have a seperate
page for the IR and one for all the Macros.

Not sure what you mean here. I have seperate IR codes devices for each peice of equipment in my setup. If you are referencing the IR codes column on the setup page under my DVD changer devices, I do not have IR codes learned to those buttons. Like the rest of my .pcf file those buttons link to the Pronto Signals (Bridge) device which in turn links to each of the seperate IR code devices storing the IR code buttons.

As far as macros go ...
For macros which multiple devices link to I would recommend a seperate device just storing those macros. That would be best. If a given macro or series of macros are only servicing one device, there is no reason to not just incorporate said macros into that device. This is what I have done with each DVD changer devices in my .pcf file.

I went to Best Buy and Video Only today to get
some prices on a second changer. Neither store
carried them anymore and couldn't give answers
to why they no longer carried the units. I didn't
want to buy off the net but that might be my only
source.

If you are referring to the Sony DVP-CX985V this unit has been clearanced out. It is probably only available now via the various online retailers out there. Due to the even worse nature of the auto-play issue with the 995V I stuck with the 985V changers. Picked up my 4th one just before Circuit City stopped carring them. If you want HDMI output and video upconverstion the 995V will fit the bill for you. It is sold locally at places like Circuit City, Best Buy, Tweeter, and so forth.

Has anyone done something like the Ipod for cd
access? All I am looking for is titles of discs
on a scrolling list?

Can't help you out with this one. I pipe my audio and video from my computer to my home theatre system and use a couple front ends to access my digital music collection.

This message was edited by Lowpro on 11/17/05 08:55 ET.
LP Related Links:
View my profile to access various
links to key posts and downloads.

Hosting Services by ipHouse