Post 137 made on Wednesday June 29, 2005 at 15:41
Lowpro
Select Member
March 2004
On 06/29/05 14:12 ET, Mntneer said...
This is fantastic. I was looking to set up Beyond
TV with my Pronto and Girder, and this could help
me a lot. Thanks.

I am using a standard set of Panasonic DVD IR codes from the built-in database in conjunction with my USB-UIRT and Girder to control Beyond Media via my TSU7000. The IR codes used are clearly identified in my IR codes device.

Below is a download link to my Girder file if you want to try it out. This should be used in conjunction with my current .pcf file just posted for download today.

LP's Beyond Media Girder File:
[Link: lowpro.net]

Couple things worth noting on this deal ...
When setting this up I found that on a short or firm button press each Girder event was executing twice per what I was seeing in Beyond Media. By setting the mimimum IR duration for these Panasonic IR codes to .01 seconds in PPENG I found that each Girder event was only executing once as it should on a short button press. On a long button press said Girder event was still repeating rapidly as it should.

I also had some quirky navigation problems with Beyond Media and some of the plugins I installed. In Girder I had each event targetting the main executable for Beyond Media, "SSBeyondMedia.exe". By changing the target of each event in Girder to target the foreground application instead, the quirky navigation issues I was having went away. I'd like to go back to targetting Beyond Media directly as it will allow me to multi-task, but for now I can live with Beyond Media needing to be in the foreground.

-Lowpro

Last edited by Lowpro on November 21, 2011 21:13.
LP Related Links:
View my profile to access various
links to key posts and downloads.

Hosting Services by ipHouse