On 11/23/04 21:13 ET, DanKurts said...
Lowpro
Thanks.

Works great, lots of good ideas.
Another question. I'm programming a Sony CX777ES
and can't seem to get it to stop auto play. I
tried the stop before power-off, even stop twice,
still starts playing on bootup. I double checked
the settings in the Custom menu, it's set to Off.....
What's wierd is I'm also doing a CX985, which
DID respond to the Off trick.
I can see why people find this frustrating. Tried
to time it with delays, etc for another Stop command,
too unreliable.
Any thoughts?
Thanks again
Dan

The auto-play "off" setting for both the Sony DVP-CX985V and CX777ES only works for music discs. DVD's will ignore this setting unfortunately. Sony refuses to admit this is a flawed design. I have the best solution for this in my opinion, which I have been using since day one. Any attempts to automate a work around for this problem are overkill if you ask me. An automated work around is simply not required, and only puts more wear and tear on the changer in the process.

As long as you stop a DVD where it can resume playback from that given point the DVD will not start playing automatically if you power down the unit and power it back up. It is as easy as hitting stop once before the credits end, prior to a given DVD taking you back to the main menu. If I let a movie roll back to the main menu simply start to play the movie again for a brief second, immediately hitting stop once, so it can resume playback from that point. Done deal. :-) All 3 of my changers are always stopped on the last disc I was watching in each, where they can always resume playback. This makes the whole auto-play "off" not working for DVD's issue a mute point.

-Lowpro

This message was edited by Lowpro on 11/23/04 22:39 ET.
LP Related Links:
View my profile to access various
links to key posts and downloads.

Hosting Services by ipHouse