The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 92 made on Friday November 19, 2004 at 14:42
Lowpro
Select Member
March 2004
You can just right click on any given DVD cover image in DVD Profiler, choose copy, create a new file in Photoshop or other graphics program, paste that image into the new file, save it so you have a master copy, then resize the image accordingly doing a "save as" to another directory as a bmp or png for later import into PPENG. This is what I do. If the DVD cover image DVD Profiler uses is not clean enough for my liking I usually grab one from www.dvdplanet.com as the images there are usually of very high quality.

There is a folder DVD Profiler uses to store all its DVD cover images. Unfortunately, the cover images are named by upc code, not by their collection ID. When I first started my pcf file I had 885 front DVD cover images to get from DVD Profiler to PPENG. I simply grabbed a copy of all my front DVD cover images from the folder DVD Profiler stores them in, renamed each DVD cover image by collection ID (this was a slow process), copied them again to a thumbnails folder where I then did a batch resize and save as bmp's with Photoshop for later import into PPENG.

It was a huge pain, but it only took an evening over the weekend, and is forever a done deal now. From that point forward I have simply been doing a copy / paste from DVD Profiler to Photoshop, saving that file with no size reduction by collection ID, then resizing it down for import into PPENG, and saving it again in a thumbnails folder.

-Lowpro
LP Related Links:
View my profile to access various
links to key posts and downloads.

Hosting Services by ipHouse