The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 40 made on Saturday July 2, 2005 at 08:07
bgav
Lurking Member
July 2005
Long time lurker (it's been a while), first time poster here.

My Pronto's touchscreen became unresponsive two days ago. After numerous resets and removing the battery for an extended period of time, it's still not responsive. The hard buttons do work.

Needless to say, I came here to see if anyone else had experienced the same problem with their TSU3000. Low and behold, I found this thread right off the bat. It definitely sounds like a serious design defect based on the number of people experiencing the same exact problem, and coincidentally, in a very small recent time frame.

How many TSU3000 owners who aren't familiar with RC have experienced the same thing? I'd venture a guess and say quite a few. Extrapolate the numbers. I'm very confident Philips is well aware of this problem/product defect and is hoping that owners experiencing the problem will give up or pay the outrageous price to fix the defect.

I will email Philips as suggested above with my serial number and approximate date of purchase (well past warranty). If their response is not satisfactory and this issue does not get resolved to my satisfaction (fixed for free or a nominal fee/shipping, not $160), I'm seriously considering pursuing all available options for relief.

Brian
Massachusetts, USA

Hosting Services by ipHouse