The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Sunday March 30, 2003 at 22:35
Nicholas
Founding Member
August 2001
This is not a question for the custom installers, or those involved in selling them. This is for the hard core crowd that started with the TS1000, and have continued to move up.

I'm not suggesting it can't be a success if the user-driven market isn't lighting up, but this site, and the fascination with personal customization was what got me involved, first with the TS1000, onwards to the ProntoPro, and now to the RC9200.

The upgrades made sense. Going from the TS1000 to a color unit was a dramatic difference. Once accustomed to color, attaining the design flexibility and extra hard buttons of the RC9200 was also something worth the upgrade.

But I have a laptop. And the lack of hard buttons, as well as a product which "promises" features later on have me very aloof, not my usual posture when it comes to such toys. The addiction I contracted in those first few sleepless weekends of learning the programming of the TS1000 is not flaring; I feel no urge for this product.

I like the idea of the internet capability, but it's got to add more as a remote, when its lack of hard buttons adds less, and its usable space is not really that much greater (especially when you consider the need to program joysticks onto the screen).

So, just vote, and let's see what that tells us about our enthusiasm for the product. I have not ordered one, and have no definite plans to buy one. That's a great deal different than I felt about the ProntoPro when it was released, and even the RC9200.

So I vote No.

Nick

Hosting Services by ipHouse