The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Sunday April 20, 2003 at 23:21
kmic
Lurking Member
April 2003
Version 1.0 of iProntoEdit seems like a high school kid's result of a weekend spent with Visual Basic.

It takes 26 seconds for the Default.icf sample to load on a Win2k machine with a 2.4ghz Intel P4 and 1gb of RAM. What exactly is taking 26 seconds?

I see enormous potential for the TSI6400, but only if Philips is willing to hold their software for it to as high standards as they have the hardware.

Pointers for Philips:

- If the TSI6400 web browser can render PNGs, GIFs, and JPEGs, do you have access to its image rendering libraries? If so, why lock iProntoEdit programmers into portly, uncompressed bitmaps? It would be a huge plus for people creating custom graphics if they could use GIFs and PNGs with their transparency support. For me, this would remove the long and silly, but currently necessary process of having to composite every non-square graphic that resides over a non-solid color background in Photoshop.

- Open the API and they will come. You won't be sorry. If Crestron really did help design the TSI6400, I assume they steered you far away from considering this in protection of their own interests.

Hosting Services by ipHouse