The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Saturday May 10, 2003 at 00:07
jmmultex
Lurking Member
May 2003
I just received my iPronto yesterday, and have been unable to get it to connect to a wireless network. I have tried two different wireless networks - an Orinoco AP-2000 (802.11b) and an AirPort Extreme (802.11g). I was not able to connect via either of these. In each case I was able to connect wirelessly with my laptops - a Powerbook and a Dell.

Though sitting right next to the access point, I see no signal strength on the 'General' tab. On the 'Wireless' tab, I have I set the 'Service Set Identifier' to my access point name (Medialink)without encryption to keep things simple. On the 'Network' tab, I set the host name of my unit (iPronto)and tried to turn on DHCP. It displays an 'Applying new settings. Please wait...' message for a bit, then switches back to Fixed IP. I need no proxy for the internet.

Since I can connect out to the internet with my laptops via these access points, I know that they are correctly configured. I just don't know what is happening. I am concerned that my iPronto or 802.11b card inside it are defective. I have reset the unit several times using the little recessed button in the rear.

This isn't the part of the setup I expected to have issues with. I really need help here. Is there some hidden test I can do here, or some subtle order of inputs that I should do?

If anyone can help me I would really appreciate it. (I ordered this unit from SurfRemoreControl.com, so if you're reading this Mike, drop me a line at [email protected])

Thanks In Advance,

John Mahoney

Hosting Services by ipHouse