The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Friday September 12, 2003 at 06:30
bassfiend
Long Time Member
September 2003
We've finally got hold of an iPronto from Philips in the UK - still no firm dates for release over here nor firm pricing but I have been playing with one now for a couple of evenings.

I see a lot of frustration on here over the iProntos and when we received this one I was somewhat apprehensive about what horrors awaited me but it hooked up to my home wireless LAN straight off, it updated its firmware cleanly, even the iProntoEdit software found the remote first time.

Dissapointments?

Hmmm ... if I have to be picky then why on earth didn't Philips implement a docking station for this unit? Having to plug in a power lead is a real PITA when there could have so easily been a really nice desk stand/charging base.

The web browser is a bit on the agricultural side ... it doesn't scroll around pages smoothly but then again I have a home intranet which is designed for "small" LCDs (640x480) and that is fine.

The iProntoEdit software seems unstable as hell on my office PC (Win98) but seems solid on my home machines (Win2k or WinXP) and the EPG doesn't work in the UK yet.

Otherwise I had it up and running in an evening from scratch...

Phil

Hosting Services by ipHouse