The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 14 made on Wednesday December 17, 2003 at 19:41
hammer
Long Time Member
December 2003
So here's an update. The dealer allowed me to return it though I wanted another one instead of my money back. On the way to UPS I connected the battery and it worked. It seems the board had to discharge and it took all night. (But don't think my problems are over.)I didn't ship it but instead I spent some time programming it this afternoon. On the way to the gym the iPronto went to sleep. (5 mins) 90 minutes later.. after my workout I tried to awake my sleeping iPronto but the little beauty will not wake up. Even though I may resemble a frog... and yes I played the prince in sleeping beauty when I was in elementary school, my kiss didn't work.

I'm a geek so I can't just let this thing go without figuring out why.... (I really wish this wasn't one of my traits but its earned me lots of money.)

So after another hour of testing I've come to the conclusion that there is an issue with the motherboard. Possibly a hair line crack or cold solder joint. The battery when conneccted doesn't always make the system start and it should.

Again, for those of you that want something that works near flawlessly, this is not your solution. Go simple, tried and true. You may not get the bells and whistles but you'll spend less time mucking about with stuff that you really don't want to know about.

I on the other hand believe that there IS a pot of gold at the end of the rainbow so I'm gonna keep at it until it's right.

And I AM gonna ship it out tomorrow to my dealer for another one.

Hosting Services by ipHouse