The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Tuesday April 6, 2004 at 02:25
Andrew Dade
Long Time Member
March 2004
Thought would be a good idea to outline in a bit more detail my bugs with the homepage buttons on the side of the screen. Think memory related.

First power on / reset :

Start from the bottom up :

The(i) pronto web portal loads and works OK but sometimes displays an error below the main banner at the top.

Second button up I have is [Link: news.bbc.co.uk] which appears to work fine. Chose this one as its a small page loads quickly.

Third button up I had www.amazon.com at the weekend which worked quite well, but not now ! It starts to load but falls over when the side bar indicator reaches around 80%.

I tried changing amazon.com to .co.uk. in the home page screen and directly on the toolbar but it does not appear to do anything. It continues to try and load amazon.com. I dont think that the unit is requesting pages at this point as my PC's internet activity indicators stop blinking.

At this point buttons (i) and 2 do not respond and I have a screen full of @ symbols on the white background, unable to access any web screens. The flip side also does not respond at this point.

So at this point I have two choices, reset or go back to the EPG or remote. Both then take a while to appear but eventually they do work again.

I am not a programmer so sorry for the fuzzy description, if anyone would like more details I would be happy to clarify.

hope helpful

Hosting Services by ipHouse