Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 42 made on Wednesday May 19, 2004 at 04:41
wattsn
Founding Member
April 2002
Max

None of my (or many of the other posters) issues and comments relate to the day to day usage of the product. Like yours, mine works flawlessly. The point here is that we were all promised so much more from this device (and know it can do so much more) but 12 months since launch all we have seen is Philips fixing alpha and beta type issues and trying to make us think this is great on their part.

We all want more features, including those we were promised in all the pre-sales blurb (like Q-view and browser) and simple stuff like USB, MMC, favourites etc. It just seems we've all been forgotten and without these the user base is likely to remain low so even less liklihood of Philips expending any real effort to add new features.

Only time will tell but I, for one, and very doubtful at Philips' ability or desire to really develop this product and give us all the device we so want. If they do launch an updated hardware version inc many of the features promised for the Mk 1 then I will be demanding a free upgrade (and I guess many others will too). I did not pay (silly) money to be an extended beta tester.

Hosting Services by ipHouse