The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 32 made on Sunday May 16, 2004 at 12:39
VeniceDre
Long Time Member
December 2003
I agree the firmware is a vast improvement for running complex icfs... My ICF is compressed for size down to 6.82 MB but the XML is just over 6MB... I am no longer getting "ICF is too complex" once the file is downloaded to Ipronto... It always still worked after reboot but instead of taking 20 minutes to process it only takes about 5 minutes now! I did run into the "timeout waiting for communitcation error" while it was processing, but it seems to have no impact in the remote's performance.

I have to say I'm completely satisfied with my Ipronto... I bought it just before the 1.5.9 firmware update in January and the remote has been great for me. The EPG updates every overnight and I haven't had to reboot the remote because of technical problems for months.

I rarely use the browsers though. I just use the remote and the EPG. My current ICF has 31 devices in the tree containing a total of 109 different pages, with thumbnails and direct access for every slot of 3 400 DVD megachangers and 1 400 CD megachanger.

The remote has been great. It has handled everything I've thrown at it.

Hosting Services by ipHouse