The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Saturday October 30, 2004 at 17:45
Chris Horka
Long Time Member
December 2003
I finally took the plunge and sold my Pronto Pro TSU-6000 and bought an iPronto. Initial configuration with the access point and the TSI 6400 was disasterous! The unit was an open box sale, so had been configured previously. Before booting the iPronto the first time I configured the WAP to accept the MAC. The intial power on of the iPronto seemed to go well, but when I tried to get the upgrade, I couldn't. Reason: the iPronto card somehow trashed the access point settings - everything was reset to default! ... 15 minutes to troubleshoot and fix, got online.

Seems iProntoEdit doesn't auto-recognize the iPronto if I have DHCP enabled on the iPronto. Changed to static ip and all then went well. Had some trouble with converted bmps showing on the iPronto as black squares. Converted to PNG, all is well.

Working on configuring panels and buttons ... HOURS (I know, I'm not alone there!)
Great unit, flexible, but particular?!?

Thanks to all for the great files here on Remote Central that have saved me considerable time getting up to spped with this new device.

Anyone hear of the future plans for the iPronto?
Thanks, Chris

Hosting Services by ipHouse