The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 11 made on Friday December 10, 2004 at 20:10
grs
Long Time Member
December 2003
That's what I did. After about 6 months of screwing around turning the router on/off, rebooting the iPronto, and having the network just drop out, I bought a D-Link a/b/g router for all my OTHER network devices and left the iPronto on the old Netware b router. Now, all seems fine (except I've got two routers and more cables stuffed under my credenza thanks to Philips). By the way, even when all I had was the old 802.11b Netware, the iPronto actually behaved better with a Netware card (unfortunately, the card stuck out the side of the iPronto, but at least it worked more reliably than with Philips card.

The whole iPronto device has really lost its luster here. Not enough onboard memory or decent speed to allow a worthwhile Internet session. The whole EPG thing sounded nifty, but the listings are "all over the map" -- no rationale to their order (at least not the way I'm used to watching TV and scrolling through channels which is consecutive from top to bottom or vice versa OR by channel number). So, it is now a real expensive remote control device.

Hosting Services by ipHouse