Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Saturday October 2, 2004 at 20:53
commwire
Lurking Member
September 2004
Hi...

I recently bought an Ipronto, and it works for the most part, but there are a number of problems with the wireless card. The card stops accessing the network after the ipronto wakes up from sleep mode. To get the card working again, I either have to reboot the ipronto or unplug/replug the card. Also, often the EPG will lock up the network card when it wakes up for a scheduled upgrade.

I tried replacing the Philips with a lucent/orinoco 802.11b card. I was surprised to see that it worked, and it worked better than the Philips brand card. It hasn't failed me yet. My son says that the ipronto runs linux, so those sorts of cards have good drivers. But it sticks out of the side, and using it probably voids my warranty. Besides, the card they supply should work.

I called Philips -- they gave me the runaround, but after some complaining, they eventually sent me a new wireless card. It works a tad bit better than the other card, but it's still giving me the same blues. So here's my question: Is there anything I can do about this problem (tricks or whatnot) or anything I can try before sending the whole thing back to philips?

It's quite frustrating -- if I spend this much money on a remote, I expect all of it to work. But anyway...

Thanks in advance!
~Carmen~

Hosting Services by ipHouse