The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Tuesday February 1, 2005 at 17:21
sirdir
Lurking Member
February 2005
I own a Thomson Scenium TV. I tried to use that tv with different 'cheap' universal remote controls but that failed. for example, when I press the AV button that works. If I press the AV button again(to switch to the second av input), nothing happens. Only if I press some other button and then the AV button again, it switches to the next channel. same thing for example with 'mute'. 1st press mutes, but second leaves it muted. I thought that might be because a different code is sent on every second key press. On the other hand, I got hold of a pronto pro device (RU970) and I don't have this problem there, I can control this TV.
Now a friend has lend me his brand new ipronto device (which I might be interessted in as well) but I have the same problem there as with the 'cheap' universal controls (when a key is repeatedly pressed, only the first press shows an action). Do you have any idea why this is like this? And can I do anything about it?
I'm also somewhat disappointed in the rest of the ipronto... it doesn't support my WPA wireless network, the browser doesn't seem to know any plugins (java etc.) and when I surf for some minutes I almost certainly get the message that there is not enought memory to complete the request...
And is there a way to test the 'builtin' codes? I can't really switch through every possible codeset of a thomson tv in the ipronto edit software, then load it to the ipronto and than test it...

Regards
Patrick

Hosting Services by ipHouse