The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Saturday December 17, 2005 at 23:54
Taz280i
Lurking Member
December 2005
I was looking though the different topics and I did not find any relating to my problem -it could just be that I am new to programming my TSI6400 (received it 1 week ago) and my be missing something:

When I setup the EPG, on the settings tab you are asked how many digits you need to enter to change the channel - 2, 3, or 4 digits. If I select 4 digits the Scientific Atlanta 3250HD cable box will properly change to the HD channels which are 4 digit numbers. If I select, for instance, a channer that is not 4 digits -as an example HGTV channel 61 (my wife's favorite) the remote will send out the numbers 0061. The cable box will first change to channel 6 (because when 006 is sent it immediately responds) and then it will change to channel 1 when the last digit is received. If I select 2 digits in the setup tab for EPG, if the program I select is on channel 1020 (NBC-HD), the remote only sends the last 2 digits and goes to channel 20. Is there a way to force the remote to only send the channel numbers without padding zeros if the channel is under 4 digits or not truncating if the channel number exceeds 2 digits?
Bob H

Hosting Services by ipHouse