The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 4 made on Sunday September 11, 2005 at 11:25
tokerblue
Long Time Member
August 2005
I read through the FAQ on the Logitech site. Can you explain in layman's terms what it means? I'm trying to speed up the rate at which commands are sent. The one I'm trying to really tweak is a simple Tivo operation. I simply want my TV to turn on and the Tivo to turn on. It takes my Sony RM-VL710 about one second to do this. The 880 takes MUCH longer.

My current TV settings.
Power On Delay: 2100 ms
Inter-key Delay: 300 ms
Input Delay: 1000 ms
Inter-Device Delay: 1000 ms

Power On Delay: When a device powers on, it takes a certain amount of time to "warm up" and resume normal operation.

Inter-Device Delay: When an infrared command is sent for a particular device, every device in your system receives the command, but only one will respond to it. The other devices ignore the command. Sometimes, a device will ignore the command and then stop accepting any of its own infrared commands for a period of time. This period of time is known as the Inter-Device delay. During this delay period no infrared signals are generated by the Harmony Remote. In rare cases this delay can be several seconds, but in most cases needs to be set to only 500 ms.

Does this simply mean that when I press the Play Tivo command, it sends a Power On command to my TV and then 2100 ms later it sends the Tivo command? What delays are being added up to come up with a total delay?

Hosting Services by ipHouse