The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 64 made on Wednesday July 16, 2008 at 14:59
taekwondo4thdan
Lurking Member
July 2008
Hi all, the way I got my Trutech T2000-FT 20" or for some of you that want to call it a 21", what ever, to work with DirecTV remote is either do the following or go to your MENU Set-up and follow the on screen instructions for CODE SHEARCH.

Also keep in mind it does not matter what TV you pick for this operation because it is just going to use random numbers until the remote works. Also I found out who, what and where and none of them no the code. But if you need Technical support for your Trutech TV here is the info that Target gave me:

I'm sorry for the trouble you've had while locating the remote control code for the Trutech TV you bought at your Riverside Target store.

In order to ask for the code, you'll want to contact the manufacturer directly. It seems your TV was manufactured by Funai. You can reach them by calling
(800) 242-7158 to ask for the code.

Thanks for shopping with us. We'll see you again at Target.

Sincerely,

Victor
Target Guest Relations
www.target.com
[THREAD ID:1-5577GC]

This is what Funai told me: Sorry but this is a DirecTV universal remote problem and they are responsible for posting the codes that will work with our TV with there remote, not the other way around and I agree, as much as I hate to admit it.

They also Told me to try Magnavox or Sylvania because they are the ones that make all there electronics and the codes that go with there products, which should make the remote work.

I tried that and they did not work either, so like I said at the beginning of this BLOG/POST, go to set-up mode or do the following:

Press MENU, (with the select button) then Settings, then Setup, then Remote, then TV and then the following:

1. Pick a TV (it does not matter which one, it is randomly looking for a code, but if
you need one to make you feel more at ease then use Daewoo, Emerson, Funai,
Magnavox or Sylvania). They are all connected with Trutech MFG.
2. Code Shearch
3. (Then slide the mode switch, at the top of your remote, to av1 or av2 or TV) in
my case TV.
4. Press and hold MUTE & SELECT for two blinks
5. Enter 9 9 1, wait for two blinks
6. Enter 1, wait for two blinks
7. Press and release PWR
8. Keep pressing and releasing CH UP, if and when the TV shuts off
9. Press SELECT to lock in code, while the TV is OFF (note, don't worry about going
to fast, if you push to quickly and go past the spot that turned the TV off just go
back or CH DN to get to the code that worked, you do not have to start over).

The remote should turn the TV ON & OFF; it should also work the VOLUME.
This at least gets the two main functions to work, but the MUTE still will not work so this tells me that all we have figured out is a Band-Aid and they still need a good code!!!

I have reported this with all that is connected with this TV and all the Departments of DirecTV (Technical Support, Supervision, the main office here in Riverside County that sends out the Technician, which is called Mountain Electronics ph #1-800-805-8570 and if you do not like what they say call 1-800-347-3288)

I HOPE THIS HELPS!!!

Last edited by taekwondo4thdan on July 16, 2008 18:32.

Hosting Services by ipHouse