The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 42 made on Friday October 19, 2007 at 22:51
tipstir
Long Time Member
October 2007
I haveTrutech PV1615T LCD 15" SD/HDTV model I got this last year from Target. I always wanted to take it back for a full refund, but I never did. Everything was okay until last night when my pet dog Snuffet crewed up the tiny watch battery remote. Now that's gone, I can't find the codes to turn off and on the TV. I could use a Radio Shack RF Remote Control device but all that would do is turn the set on and off. I found a universal remote that suppose to support Trutech is said it on the box, so I got 3 of them. URC-R6 it's so new that you won't find the remote on their web site. I got Hauppauge MediaMVP got that to work using the learning remote feature. Cox digital cable box with HDTV it is up right away. But I still can't get the TruTech to see the remote. I've tried all the brands you all listed and still nothing.

There is even a web site devolted to this stuff and still the author of that site said to go to wal-greens and buy their universal remote. It's call Living Solutions cost is $9 bucks and it's so huge it looks like my cheap remote that came with the Trutech 15". That one as a lot of codes some I never seem before, walmart is on the list also. I wish Target was too. It has Program Search Mode where it will search for the right code but that can take a longtime. Still haven't found the code for the tv yet?

I might advise all to go back to Target and ask the Manager if you can take your universal remote and just program the one that have in the store so you can at least have something. The URC-R6 is sold at wal-mart for $21 it has memory backup that will last a very longtime even if the 2 AA goes bad. I did get 3 of them as I have Emerson HDTV 37" that no universal remote will work with. But the URC-R6 also has learning mode. So just need the remote and I'll be okay...

Those who claim the Philips PM435S worked with TruTech was that the LCD SD/HDTV versions or was that the tube CRT. I didn't see Trutech listed anywhere for that brand.

Anyone got any ideas let me know otherwise the Venturer which is Trutech clone has the PV1615 remote cost is $15 plus UPS $8.50 so that would be $23.50 for the remote which is a rip off!
Best Regards,
Tipstir
Where there is a will, there is a way!

Hosting Services by ipHouse