Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Tuesday September 5, 2006 at 23:51
netarc
May 2004
I was working on an install late last week with a URC MX-850 controlling the gear via an MRF-300 in the rack - two of the a/v components had IR input jacks in the rear panel (Parasound NC7100 and Motorola 3412 cable box), so I was looking forward to useing these rather than emitters ... wired up a mono 3.5mm jack from the MRF300 to each component, yet *none* of the remote commands sent from the MX remote affected the components??

Replacing the direct IR jack with an emitter-type cable (connected to the same MRF port, natch) _did_ control the relevant component, though.

Am I missing something? Why shouldn't the mono-type direct IR cable work? The only hint I have is that the NC7100 docs contain the admonishment...

The 7100 IR inputs require an “amplified IR block” which are accessories for IR repeater systems

However, I'd think that the MRF-300 meets this requirement, since it's effectively recreating the IR signal from scratch (rather than "reflecting" it, as with a passive IR repeater system). Any ideas why the 3.5mm direct IR cables didn't work??

Hosting Services by ipHouse