The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Tuesday April 23, 2002 at 17:05
Rick Purcey
Founding Member
April 2002
I am utilizing Touch Screen Setup version 1.0.14 on a Dell Latitude laptop. The computer specifics are as follows: 6.00 GB hard drive (with 5.68 GB free), 233MHZ processor, 64 MB RAM and Windows 98 SE. When I try to utilize the software to customize a RC5200 the program starts out running fine but then progressively starts to get slower and slower until I have to reboot and lose unsaved information. The other option is to save the file as I see the program start to slow, which takes 5-10 minutes to complete, and then reboot the computer to have the program run fine for another 5 or 10 minutes. It took me over 5 hours to program a 5200 last week and even then, I did not complete the programming. It appears to work just fine on RC5000's but hang up on 5200 programming. I have not tried a RC9200 yet but have to assume I would experience the same situation. Once we shut the Marantz program down, the computer and all other programs run fine. We have two laptops this is happening on and wanted to see if others have encountered and hopefully remedied the problem.

Rick

Hosting Services by ipHouse