The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 349 made on Thursday June 21, 2007 at 23:21
roden
Lurking Member
June 2007
WOW.. What a thread.. Unfortunately I don't have the time to read all 18 pages of this thread but I've managed to read 50% thoroughly and the last 50% I skimmed. I feel I'm experiencing Deja Vu. Seven years ago I purchased a Pocket PC device a Jornada 560. I sat in the newsgroups and read posts and listened to every Palm advocate make sacastic remarks from how many taps it takes to get somewhere to who wants music on there pda. This was a educating experience for me as I watched Palm nose dive to almost nothing. I'm not saying what EI and MS are doing will make Crestron and AMX go out of business, but I do find it interesting that both of these companies are already shifting they product line to provide an easier product to implement. Isn't this what EI is doing? I come from the IT side of things and I'm very interested in EI and their concept. I have not adopted it, yet, but I will not turn my back on a product that will make my job easier and allow me to spend more quality time with my clients. Yes, quality time. The more quality time I spend with them the more money they spend with me. It's a fine line that works very well. I currentyl have 5 builders that are so fed up with Crestron they don't even want to hear the word anymore. I believe that this is due to the lack of quality in the integrators but I have to tell you these builders did not use the same company/companies. We will be visiting Ohio to see if they're interested in using EI for their future builds. If they are then I'll have a new product to sell to my customers.

Be cautious when mocking someone like Microsoft and their concept of wanting to control the living room and or the house. If they want it they'll get it. It may not be this year or next but MS is very patient and stubborn.

Hosting Services by ipHouse