The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 156 made on Tuesday February 20, 2007 at 16:36
rlustig
Advanced Member
June 2004
True I haven't used Vista. I can't. It won't play nice with MANY of the applications I need on a daily basis. It probably will someday.

Just because some of us don't think a MS product is should be the basis of a critical system, it doesn't make us all MS haters. I use MS products every day.

In your opinion, are MS products perfect? Do they ever have bugs? Do they ever crash? All I am saying is that we heard the same thing about Xp that we are hearing now about Vista. It is reliable, it is secure etc etc. XP is still not close to secure for 90% of the users. Can it be? Yes, is it used that way? No. Why should we believe that Vista is any different? My brther inlaw bought an XP machine for his home use in December. He called me yesterday because it is completely unusable. It is riddled with spyware, unauthorized applications etc. He has to do a complete OS reinstall. Two months old on a mature OS. This happens all the time. You or I might not have this problem, but our clients will. Their kids will say yes to downloading all manner of crap. These machines will go tits up just like every other MS machine at some point. The locked down in a closet controller probably won't, but the vast majority of Vista machines will get problems.

And, that is all moot because Lifeware doesn't run on Vista yet does it? So if it still runs on XP, any open box that your client has will eventually have problems.

Coastal, if you have one or two simple sytems up and running that is great. I know all about the bazillion dollar system in the VP's house. I read the article. That doesn't really address any of the issues people here have brought up. I'll be meeting with the rep as I said and maybe I'll come away with a new perspective. I just haven't seen or heard anything that shows me different.

Hosting Services by ipHouse