joshod
Long Time Member
July 2006
I'd really like to know where the great margin would come
from on a Samsung Q1 when they are availabe all over the
net for less than a grand. I also find it funny that instead
of one of EI's own wa expensive touchpanel, the VP of
sales uses a cheap third party panel.

This is something that has gone unaddressed so far, so I thought I would shed a little light on the subject. I've seen multiple posts about how the Life|point TP's are so overpriced compared to the others on the market. Though the Life|point touchpanels may cost more than the others, they also DO more than the others. The Life|points are the only high-definition TP currently on the market. Not only are they the only HD panel out there, they are also capable of displaying up to 4 HD feeds AT THE SAME TIME. Certainly this places them in a different category from the others and justifies a higher price.
If this functionality is not something that is desired by your customers or for that matter just doesn't interest you, by all means, use one of the less expensive models, as Steve has done. The others will work just as well for controlling automation. The beauty is that you have options for controlling your system, unlike the other systems that require the use of their own proprietary TP's. The Life|point TP is simply another option that EI has offered to work in conjunction with the Life|vision component, and for customers who enjoy the option of viewing content in HD.
Life|support
Life|ware by Exceptional Innovation

Hosting Services by ipHouse