Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 6 made on Wednesday August 11, 2004 at 09:38
Ron Aronson
June 2002
I finally found the manual for your STR-G3 receiver, and it is a doozy. It looks to me like the remote works like a computer mouse on the tv screen display. Also interesting is that the remote is RF, but the receiver will emit IR signals to control other components. Wow!

Edit 19Mar2008-Just got an email request for the manual and looked up this thread and reailized I never posted the link, so here it is. [Link: 129.33.22.12]

Can you get the on-screen menu display when you use your 700? It looks like the display is the only way to set things up with this receiver. After I wrote this I read further in the manual, and I don’t think you can get the display. but it doesn’t matter because even if you could, without the original remote there is no way to move the pointer and click on it.

It looks like without this display you have minimal control over your receiver.

Without the original remote it doesn't look like you can make a lot of changes to what is already there. Kind of like trying to operate a computer without a mouse or keyboard.

I have written the above based on what I have read in the manual without actually having the equipment, so if I have guessed wrong, let me know.

Last edited by Ron Aronson on March 19, 2008 19:54.

Hosting Services by ipHouse