Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 2 made on Saturday June 2, 2001 at 01:47
AdamFLA
Historic Forum Post
OK I looked around some more and see there is a lot of interesting remotes out there. I would like to tell my needs and get some good ideas. My price range is 50 to 125 dollars. I always wanted one of those touch screen remotes, but after seeing the reviews, I like the feel of the raised buttons. My system consists of a Scientific Atlanta cable box (early model) Currently an RCA vhs vcr (probably adding a JVC S-vhs to it shortly) Samsung DVD, Zenith TV, Carver C-5 pre-amp, Carver TX-12 tuner, Shure HTS-5300 Dolby surrond processor, and Technics SH-AC500 Digital processor. I currently have a One-for-all "Big Easy HT Plus" which learned macros (more than the one button -- I found I can program every key to do what I want except the mode keys) and it controls everything except the DVD, Technics SH-AC500, and the Shure processor. If I remember right I tink it can control the Technics, but its either that or the carver and the carver is used more. I would like to have something that will control all the functions of the carver preamp AND tuner (the current unit barely touches the features of the tuner) but only touches the volume controls of the Shure. If I decide to use the DVD player, it should let go of the carver remote but control the technics volume controls and dvd functions (good to have control of the vcr too since I use that as a video switcher). Power control should be a macro that will turn everything on and off at once (Amps and stuff are hard-wired through a relay system controlled by the switched power output on the back of the carver preamp -- they dont need control) Sounds like a lot I guess but I would think if it is programmable it should be able to do all that fairly easily. It must be VERY easy to navigate since the fiancee doesnt like anything that doesnt look like a factory tv remote! (I could care less but she has toooo much say in the matter) I have all the remotes to the equipment and programming wont be a problem. Is the RC-2000 what I need or is there anything better??? Thanks for any advice -- Adam

Hosting Services by ipHouse