The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 4 made on Wednesday September 14, 2005 at 10:05
Anthony
Ultimate Member
May 2001
I know that is what the gas companies are hitting (hey it is not us, it is the taxes) they are doing the same thing here. The problem is that when it goes up 10 cents a litre over night it is not the taxes. Have they changed that much over the last year? What is VAT?ON 35P (petrol + distribution) that is most likely something like 5p I am guessing (if it is anything like here) the other 60p out of 65p has not changed in years.

PS think of it this way, if most of the price is taxes and most of it is fixed and the oil companies are getting 35p on the pound, what does it mean when the price changes by 10p in a week, day or month to oil companies?

That is why I am PO at the oil companies here. I know they will say what is a few cents difference, but the fact is that it is not a few cents but many percentage points. I think gas companies have realised they have us by the balls and can do anything they want. Disaster in the south US? bring up the prices, war in the middle east? raise the prices, peace somewhere else raise the prices.....

What I also find funny is that the minute a small raise in crude is in the news, the prices at the pump jump (and even more then the crude) but when they announce a drop it takes several days for it to change

Hosting Services by ipHouse