The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 36 made on Saturday August 6, 2005 at 14:00
Anthony
Ultimate Member
May 2001
I don't think the world is slapping the US. I tink there are severl factors at play

1) the US is like a movie star, it gives them the platform to say what they will because they are well known, but at the same time it means there are paparazzi waiting to take pics of them at their worst. Let me ask you, for how many countries do you know the type of government or the leader of state or government? I have seen Canadians say "Most Canadians know GWB is the President of the US, how come they don't know the PM of Canada?" instead of answering I ask them the leader of some other country not in the news. when they cannot answer I ask them why they don't know who it is and then why should all Americans know what is happening here.

2) GWB is arrogant as hell, with comments like " those not with us, are against us" it is hard to gather sympathy, so when there is mud on the face, it is a guilty pleasure to point it out.

3) the US portrays itself as the best, the most righteous.... Because of that it makes it more interesting to point the faults. For example every time the US goes to war it talks about bringing democracy and stuff, but GWB was involved in an electoral scandal, when the democratic UN decided that war on Iraq was not needed, they decided the democracy of UN was not important and GWB decided he was king of the world.....

do I think the world is slapping the face of the US? no, if it appears to some that way, it might be the media there. Do I think the world supports unilaterally what the US does? No, but don’t think it should, also don’t think all Americans should support unilaterally what their government does and the same is true for Canadians and the rest of the world. On the other hand I never joined a political party because I find they all have good and bad ideas and feel we should all question ideas we think are bad and praise ideas that are good no matter where they come from.

Hosting Services by ipHouse