The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 33 made on Tuesday November 14, 2006 at 10:32
djy
RC Moderator
August 2001
On November 13, 2006 at 19:17, Anthony said...
but those places tend to have spares.

Think I'd prefer to have a pair of my own.

It's a policy of our company that everyone who works or enters the main production buildings has to wear (as a minimum) ear, eye, head and foot protection. To that end, they supply everyone with helmets, ear plugs (defenders), glasses (masks) and safety boots (shoes).

Personally I found the helmet to be okay, though somewhat ironically I seem to bump my head (jar my neck) more often wearing a helmet than ever I did without. The glasses are passable - they scratch up far too easily so I constantly have to replace them. The ear defenders (I don't like ear plugs) are my own - they're a better quality (and fit better) than those supplied. And finally the boots - are again my own (bought in from the states) because I wanted something comfortable; I do a lot of walking and having already experienced a standard pair of Danner "Fort Lewis" (and found them excellent) I thought I wouldn't go far wrong with a safety toe pair. (Those supplied by the company also have an insufferable instep protector - that's more of a safety hazard than guard).

Hosting Services by ipHouse