The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 3 made on Sunday May 18, 2008 at 15:49
Anthony
Ultimate Member
May 2001
Hi and welcome to the site. I don't think there is a newb thread in the intermission forum (truth is most first posts tend to be either "I have a remote and a TV how do I set it up" obviously with no mention of what remote or TV :) or "what remote should I buy" with no other info.

The rule of thumb is that the intermission forum is like a local bar, a bit of mindless chitchat and the discovery of sometime odd but usually useless trivia (which is why you will see that most of the threads are "games") and why some of us think of it as the asylum.

As for the rest of the site most forums are dedicated to either particular remotes (families) or general remote discussion (which is also why we don't tend to talk about them here in the intermission forum). There is also the A/V section where you can discuss equipment and setup and then there is CI world which is not safe for newbs.

As for me I am not new here, but have been here for a very long time (could not find the key to the door) and I am from Montreal.

BTW Texas has been under represented for some time so it is good to add someone from there.

Hosting Services by ipHouse