Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 19 made on Friday October 13, 2000 at 11:09
Bill E
Historic Forum Post
Well, just got off the phone with Mike at Universal Remotes where we discussed their Internet policy, or lack of. They were more than happy to make me an authorized dealer but all this meant was that I buy direct from them at dealer price instead of my distributor. The told me that authorized was basically a relative term and if I was happy with my relationship with my distributor that they had no restrictions on sales and would in no way interfere with my business.

What this means to you folks out is that yes you will get the same warranty when you by from anyone getting their product through a legitimate distributor. I want to add that I did offer to support their effort to come out with a policy as there are just to many unethical distributors selling at close to dealer cost to the public, killing hard working businesses like mine. Yes you Internet shoppers are the beneficiaries as long as you are buying from legitimate sources. Just keep in mind that there are some illegitimate sources and if the price is way to good to be true it probably is. I have a couple of dozen of these coming in next week.

Bill
www.homeautomationnet.com

Hosting Services by ipHouse