The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 19 made on Friday November 21, 2003 at 14:02
TeknoGeek
Lurking Member
November 2003
The IRClone-MX seems like a cool device in ways, but when I think about it, it doesn't seem like anything I couldn't accomplish with simple planning on some paper. They're going to have to bring down the price before I can justify spending that much money to organize my remote. And besides, couldn't you just buy a USB infrared device? Because the 500e software is downloadable, because they just assume that you will buy the IRClone-MX to be able to use it.

Onto another topic... macros. I've seen discussion in the past about finding IR codes that point directly to an A/V input, rather than just cycling though them, and also discreet on/off codes. So for example if you have a DVD macro, then you want to turn on the tv, the dvd, play it, turn on the receiver and set it to the correct input, and set the tv to the correct input, but with my sony wega tv (KV32FV15) it just cycles through the inputs, and it's not like the command knows what input it is currently on, therefore no way of knowing how many times to send the input command. If anyone knows where I can find something pertaining to this, or has any information, PLEASE email me at [email protected], THANK YOU!

Hosting Services by ipHouse