The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Wednesday July 27, 2005 at 09:31
David Anderson
Long Time Member
February 2005
My new MX-850 and MRF-300 have just arrived and I hit one problem almost immediately. I had tried out an earlier version of the Editor software while I was evaluating purchase of this kit, so I downloaded the latest version this morning and tried to run the update process. However, I got the following error message,

MX-850 Editor Installer Information
Error 1316. A network error occurred while attempting to read from the file
E:\WINNT\Downloaded Installations\{1A960672-D607-4ADF-9AE2-4272F4B1C39B}
\Orion Editor.msi

On checking this folder I noticed that the existing msi file was called MX-850 Editor, not Orion Editor. I simply made a copy of the file under the alternative name and re-ran the installation. This time it worked!

My remote is actually labelled Aeros. The editor software is called Orion Editor. When you open up Orion Editor, the window at the top says MX-850 Editor. What a mess! As described above, it has obviously even confused the programmers at URC.

I'm a simple chap. One name for one remote device seems quite enough for me. Three is simply excessive. Just to make it even more confusing, the programming manual listed on the URC website for the MX-850 doesn't mention Aeros, Orion or MX-850!

Hosting Services by ipHouse