Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 14 made on Thursday February 24, 2005 at 14:09
jrannison
Long Time Member
February 2005
Below are the responses I have received in order:

"The MX-850 has a different learning chip. The MX-350/650/850 are able to learn toggle bit codes with one tap, unlike the 9000,URC remotes, MX-700, MX-800 and the 3000.

Here is the Stand-Alone Learning method when teaching the MX-850 from your original remotes when it is disengaged from the MX-Editor:

1-Place the two remotes nose-to-nose...

2-Put the MX-850 into the Learn mode by pressing Main and Ent at the same time until you get to the SETUP menu, and then press Learn.

3-Select a button on the MX-850 you wish to learn so the LCD indicates that it is ready...

4-Press a button on your original remote that you want learned to the MX-850, release...

5-The LCD will say Good or Fail. If Good, then repeat as necessary from Step 3 for other function commands. If it reads Fail, repeat from Step 3 and press the same button on the MX-850 you wished to learn.

Here are some further tips to help you along:

Please keep in mind certain standards when teaching our remote controls.

-Avoid glass table surfaces. Use solid wood or Formica counters.

-Avoid direct sunlight or halogen lamps.

-If you get FAIL messages while trying to learn, play with the distances between the two remote controls."

My response:

"The Stand-Alone Learning procedure is one of the methods I did use, EXACTLY. I never received a fail, and tried “nose to nose”, and at different distances. The data I presented was with the “Stand-Alone Learning procedure” . I also tried using the PC interface with the same results. I am aware of reflective surface problems, etc.

I am aware of the Toggle Bit capability………….I wonder if something in that area is causing the incorrect Pulse Timing reproduction with the Velodyne remote?

I might mention that a few others indicate on the Forums that they too have had problems with the MX-850 learning a specific remote (while other remotes were fine). In one case they also used one of your other model remotes to “Learn” the problem code and transferred it to the MX-850.

There is obviously a problem and I encourage a continued investigation. If I can be of any help, let me know."

Their reply up to now:

"At this point, it would be a good idea for you to send us your Velodyne remote so we can upgrade it to our database and create a 3-digit code. Please forward your name, address, and phone number, and I will e-mail you with an RA number."

This is not a good solution IMO. They obviously do have some sort of problem.

I'll keep everyone up to date.
John

Hosting Services by ipHouse