The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 11 made on Friday February 18, 2005 at 21:11
jrannison
Long Time Member
February 2005
Some more info on this problem.....................

When I got home this evening, I connected one of my IR semiconductor Detectors through a circuit to my Oscilloscope to observe the IR pulse sequence emitted by the Velodyne remote. It basically produced nine Pulse Groups of pulses that very in timing from the initial pulse to represent the various codes.
I examined just one of the codes to see the variation between the Velodyne, MX700, and the MX850 remotes. The MX700 reproduces the original timing within about 50 microseconds (which apparently is an adequate tolerance for it to operate correctly with the IR Receiver in Velodyne Sub); however the MX850 is off by about 380 microseconds in relation to the Velodyne Remote. This apparently places the Pulse Group out of the IR Receiver’s tolerance. Thus the IR Receiver cannot interpret the desired IR code.

I few of you may be experts in this area and could perhaps shed some light as what the typical expected tolerance should be.

I will pass this information to URC, but they still have not responded to my first Email. Perhaps if I “copy” the UNC President it may get some action.
John

Hosting Services by ipHouse