Long Time Member
April 2004
On 08/17/04 01:54 ET, Mike C said...
Mike@irclone writing. It is true that we do not
have any plans at this time to support the URC
remotes. Dave is not willing to spend many hundreds
more hours developing software which is what he
has put into the 500e editor.

I am also disappointed that there will be no irclone support. I have recently purchased the URC-200 and hoped that irclone coming which would have been a bonus. Although I have not used an MX-500/600, the coding in irclone should not be too different for the URC. I suppose 3 versions would be required, i.e. URC-100/200/300 which complicates the situation.

The alternative to irclone is a less elegant solution and involves using an OFA or RS to “learn” those special or discrete codes not found on the original equipments’ remote control. A more involved process involves use of JP1.

Here is an example of where it would help me. I have a Sony TV and Receiver and a remote controls for both. The TV remote control has a single on/off button, no discrete. The Receiver remote control knows the discrete code off code for the TV, and uses it as part of an internal macro to turn everything off. The sequence is long and cannot be learned by the URC-200. I need to program this code into a remote and then learn it to my URC-200. This is going to get worse when I get my Denon 2805 and Samsung HLP.

Hosting Services by ipHouse