Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 5 made on Friday August 13, 2004 at 23:07
Mitch57
June 2003
I think eakf was referring to Mike and Dave at "IR-Clone" not Mike and Dave at Surfremotecontrol.com and Bluedo.com.

But I'm sure you’re right about HTM not being willing to incorporate this concept as it is a different market. But I also feel that it's very unfortunate that they don't realize that there are a great deal of people, like myself, that would benefit from having computer programmable remotes.

I also understand that they are probably skeptical that by adding this additional function also adds additional costs in tech support. But let's face it! We live in a world of technology that is ever increasing in scope and product.

Are they concerned that they might loose the custom installer base if they offer all their products with PC programmability? Do you know what there thinking is?

Why not target the home user market and offer an alternative for the more advanced user? It seems they already realized this once when the MX-700 was initially only available to custom installers. Now it's available to everyone.

Educate me! What am I missing here?

Hosting Services by ipHouse