Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 15 made on Sunday May 27, 2007 at 12:59
GPeck
Long Time Member
February 2003
Daniel,

I haven't been around the forum for a few months. But, when I visited this morning, I was very disappointed to see this post. While you may have the "right" to determine what is and isn't discussed on your own forum, you have turned yourself into "King and Censor" by banning discussion of a topic that you personally have grown tired of.

One would hope that the obviously-paid URC banner ads all over the site don't cloud your judgement and, had this topic been an ad nauseum discussion about how great URC was, that you also would "have had it" and banned that discussion as well.

We all may or may not like certain topics. But, the whole idea of discussion forums like yours is to freely discuss them, even to excess--if someone doesn't like a topic, they may simply choose not to read it.

I guess you can "close my account" if you want (it probably goes without saying that people can create them faster than you can delete them) for expressing an opinion "contrary to that of the establishment." But, I'm very sorry you've taken this tack.

- George Peck -

On May 13, 2007 at 19:53, Daniel Tonks said...
OK, I've had it. The big "new policy" thread has had its
last post. The topic has been discussed, beaten to death,
re-animated and beaten to death again.

You all have had your say on the matter, which is now
about 9 months old and obviously not changing. Due to
the closure of this thread there will be no policy discussion
in any other thread in this or the Complete Control forum.
The only thread remaining will deal with assisting owners
with getting software - no policy talk.

Anyone persisting in bringing up this subject matter will
find their account closed. You've had your say. Move on.

Hosting Services by ipHouse