Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 24 made on Wednesday April 5, 2006 at 01:41
netarc
May 2004
Bumping this thread back up - I finally had the opportunity to run some tests ... and I have to ask, did the March 31st, 2006 MX Editor update address this problem?

The reason I ask is because I just spent ~1 hr running through various trials (all on my original laptop, hadn't gotten to the new laptop trials yet), and I *cannot* reproduce the problem. Well, let me elaborate ...

I started my trials this evening with a brand new, never programmed MX-850 w/fresh batteries. Fired up the MX-850 editor v1.12.255 (this is important), opened a client's MXF file that I knew had previously resulted in the LimitedProgramLoadToRC error, and started a full download to the remote; download reached 100% w/o issue.

I did this a total of three times w/o issue ... on the fourth try, the Invalid Answer - LimitedProgramLoadToRC [LPLTR-2] occurred upon reaching 100% download; the remote locked up (not even backlight worked, nor did the main+stop reset).

I reset the remote by pulling the batteries for a few second, whereupon the remote started working again. Then performed a RESET ALL to return remote to default state.

I was about to attempt the same series of trials on the new (clean) laptop, when on a lark I ran the "live update" on this one ... doh! a new version (v1.12.263) downloaded! Ach, back to the drawing board, all my trials were just made invalid =(

So, I reset the MX-850 remote once again and downloaded a "blank" (New Config > Empty - No devices) profile to it. I then repeated the above trials, as so:

- Start MX-850 editor (v1.12.263)
- open MXF file that previously resulted in error
- Full Download to remote, worked w/o issue
- Make minor change (add time delay, save macro)
- Make minor change (delete time delay, save macro)
- Make minor change (add time delay, save macro)

Suddenly, I can't recreate the error ... whereas in the past it had occurred every 3-4 downloads?!?

So, I'm wondering - has URC done something in this latest iteration of the software to finally resolve this problem? If so, folks, I laud you! But I would be curious to find out from someone @ URC directly!

Hosting Services by ipHouse