The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 19 made on Thursday January 13, 2000 at 08:29
LISNUP
Historic Forum Post
Billy C,
I have a custom home audio and car audio shop in WI. Ive been in buisness for 10 years. You completely missed my point!!!!!!!! If a customer comes in and wants to upgrade I will do the same thing that you do. I will low ball them to death. I know make profit on the used equipment as well as the new equipment. Not a bad deal! No you shouldnt buy used equipment for what you can buy new at dealer cost, but unless the person approaches you for your oppinion and beliefs of a fare price than you should not insult them with the low-ball offers. These people are not in your store, they are on-line trying to eliminate the middle-man markup and get a halfway acceptable price on a piece of gear that THEIR hard earned money bought them. I would love to get gear all day long low-balling people, but I found that if one person is insulted by the offer you will lose at least 20 customers due to their word that you are a rip-off artist. When a customer comes in to upgrade they already know that upgradeing through you is going to cost them in the pocket book, but that was their choice for the piece of mind of not worring about selling the used equipment. You find a deal take and run, but dont force youself and your practices upon those that do not ask for it. You come off as a real as@hole. Just my oppinion and it is not to create more hardship. I wish you all the luck and may stores like ours be given the chance to prosper in the future. Equipment is only as good as the install.

Thanks,
LISNUP

Hosting Services by ipHouse