Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 15 made on Thursday January 6, 2000 at 09:06
billy c
Historic Forum Post
thank u Martin...and hey there mr lisnip, i would be more than cracked, if i paid more for a USED unit, than my cost would be for a new one from a manufacturer or a distributor....most audio/video equip, runs at 35% to 40% off of list, less any spiffs as a dealer cost level, but then again YOU know that , you're a custom audio shop., remember....so why would i wanna sell a used unit for around or close to my cost, as compared to a NEW unit...in the business world , that aint the way the game is played.....used yamaha's like ur's are worth wholesale on the street around 500-800.00, less any damages , scratches, missing parts, etc, etc,
...and less market conditions, and right now a lower market prevails.......besides, if u are so right , then u should have sold yours to some unsuspecting soul for 1100-1200-1300-or-1400. that u think it is worth....and YAMAHA, aint the hottest thing to come down the pike, which makes it even harder to sell, but u know that, YOU are again a custom audio shop...ya i know there's an ass for every seat , sorta speak, so mr know-it-all you should'nt have any problem selling ur mid-end unit......problem is , u and many others cant get off ur "loving components ", thats why fools like me and other mid to hi-end dealers, and custom installers' take those units in trade towards an upgrade...try trading in ur stuff at circuit city, or best buy, or sam's club.....u and i both know what they will tell you......and yep...i'm a good stroke..i stroke people every day writing checks, and jerking people around on equipment.....thats why i've been around over 25 yrs, and and do over $2mil a year in sales and service .....guess i'm a real good hme thtre and satellite stroker....i probably write more chks in a month for more equipment , than you probably sell in a year...what kind of custom audio did you say u did???...did u say u sold custom audio bar stool's, or was it custom audio for bar stool genius's???????............and no , we dont make 100% mark up, but u should know that, YOU ARE , as you said, a custom audio shop.......remember.....lolololol...
...............Geeeeeeeeezzzz give me a break

Hosting Services by ipHouse