The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Tuesday February 12, 2008 at 00:37
garyh357
Lurking Member
February 2008
I decided to buy the xantech dinky link lcd/cfl proof kit to pass the infrared signal through my wood doors of my cabinet. Since making that decision, I've not found one for sale, anywhere. They all say that there is a problem in manufacturing and therefore have been back-ordered till next month. I know from experience that if they replenish stock next month to the entire nation, or maybe world, they will sell out fast and take another month to finally catch up. I just can't wait, so I went on the hunt again...

I don't know about stock availability on any other brand, but that aside, I thought the only other thing out there was Sonance. I just found that there are a few other choices, but I don't know. What would you do?

I definitely would like your opinion on the Sonance system as well as Channelvision. I currently have a rear projection TV that is a few years old. I plan to replace it in another year or two at the most. Unless I change my mind, I will probably go with an LCD, so thinking ahead, I want a IR system that will play well with LCD TVs.

I would like to either hide the receiver behind a cloth speaker grill, or stuff it in a small crack between my TVs screen and it's speakers, right beside my stuffed wii sensor bar. I don't need much distance. I sit about 12' from my TV and cabinet.

• My TV is a Hitachi Ultravision 46" widescreen - model 46f500.

• My receiver is a Yamaha RX-V661 (will be controlled via the IR kit in question)

• My DVD is a Panasonic DMR-ES46V DVD Recorder/VHS (will be controlled via the IR kit in question)

• My satalite receiver is a JVC from Dish Network (will be controlled via the IR kit in question)

• My remote is a Logitech Harmony 880

• I also have a Lutron MIR-600THW IR dimmer in the room and of course the Wii

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Gary

Hosting Services by ipHouse