The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 14 made on Saturday December 18, 2004 at 23:17
jmichael74
Lurking Member
December 2004
I am ashamed to say I fell for the scam. I was outside of a HH Gregg in Piqua, Ohio after I had just bought a Big Screen TV. I was looking at Surround Sound Speakers but could not afford them in the store for the item I wanted. Well, I had my 2 sons with me who are 2 and 5 and I was approached by them in a white minivan. My 2 year old was having a fit so I was trying to get him buckled in as fast as possible. The guy stood right behind me and told me they were delivering for Rex Stores down the road, he claimed they had loaded 1 too many systems in their vehicle to deliver so they were trying to sell it between the 2 guys for profit since there was no record of it on their invoice. I looked over their invoice, I saw the $2499 price in the catalog and told them I wasn't interested. I figured they stole it so I was getting in the car trying to leave. Th guy basically was begging me to take it off their hands. I opened up the box and looked at everything and it seemed that it was worth atleast $500. I paid $250 for it. Well I got home and the manual had absolutely no contact information. I figured I was had. The speakers do sound good, well atleast the 2 I hooked up. I couldn't find any info on the internet until I stumbled on this website. I think I also found the company who manufactures the system. It is a European Company called Eltax. [Link: eltax.com] Navigate through the surround sound speakers or [Link: eltax.com]
I have a question about it though, What do you think it really is worth? Where can I find a DVD Player that has 6 audio outputs to plug into the 6 audio inputs for the speakers? I hope this will help some of you.

Hosting Services by ipHouse