The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Wednesday December 23, 1998 at 10:55
Scott Weinmann
Historic Forum Post
Got mine two weeks ago...

I have been a Marantz RC 2000 user since the original review in Stereophile.

I set out programming the IRIQ by learning the remotes that it didn't have in its database, and specifying the remotes that it did have (RCA DSS, etc.)

I had a world of trouble getting it to work with both of my PCs, but finally had a succesful synch session.

Spent serious time learning all of my remotes (and they are numerous: Pioneer DVL-90 LD/DVD player, Theta Data Basic CD transport, Proscan VCR, Theta Casablanca, RCA 515 DSS receiver with Dolby Digital (sucks, but that's another story..), Sony R-500 DAT, Mitsubishi 35-805 TV, etc.) - and it is faster to do this using the PC software than just the remotes on a tabletop.. The PC software is much faster!

Created all my activities - Watch TV, Listen to CD, etc. - no problem

Starting building Macros, then all hell broke loose. Went to do a synch and got an error message.. Next thing you know, I can't synch and BOTH ends of the system (the PC config and the Remote itself) are completely screwed up. Buttons have missing characters, buttons are missing entirely, activities are GONE, devices are gone!!! I'm sitting there after 4-5 hours of work thinking, "you've GOT to be kidding.." Everything became corrupt, I called Madrigal, and they told me start all over.

I did. I brought it back, got a refund, and will be considering my alternatives (Lexicon, Crestron, Phast) after the holidays.

It would have been nice if this thing worked as promised, but I'm here to tell you, it isn't ready for prime time. Save your money, and save yourself the agravation...

Nice idea, poor execution.

Hosting Services by ipHouse