Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Wednesday January 6, 1999 at 15:12
Charles Ledbetter
Historic Forum Post
This is for those of you that actually OWN a Madrigal or HK remote. I say that because I have no intention of turning this thread into yet another Microsoft bashing discussion. Coulda, woulda, shoulda. etc are all irrelevant.

At any rate, I've owned the Madrigal IRIQ for about two months now and I probably have as much experience with it as anyone. Having lived with it for a while, I've noticed that the IR emitter "shoots" at a pretty high angle. This is a little hard to explain, but bear with me. Set your remote down on the coffee table and look at it from the side. Notice that it sits lower in the back than the front. The IR emitter seems to shoot from the front mostly streight out and up with very little in the "down" arc.

During the first couple of weeks, I was pointing my IRIQ directly at my components and getting some "misses." One day it was sitting on the arm of my couch and I just reached over and tapped the volume control. The remote wasn't pointed any where near my receiver but it worked!

Since then I've noticed that if I aim right at the center of my TV, everything works every time. When friends come over and pick it up, the too tend to aim directly at the component and get some misses. It seems to work best if you aim a little lower.

Charles

Hosting Services by ipHouse