Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 7 made on Tuesday December 29, 1998 at 10:26
John Messer
Historic Forum Post
I reluctantly picked up my IRIQ yesterday and hoped that I wouldn't be exposed to the limiting IR range that has been mentioned by so many. Saving the worst for last, I used the software to quickly program the remote without any sync problems. The software was quite useful and certainly didn't look like Microsoft had their hands on this side of the product. I spent about an hour rearranging my activity screens and creating macros and then put the IRIQ through its paces. The menu scrolling with the wheel was a little slow but configured my screens so that scrolling was minimal. I can live with the response time of page switches. Not exactly lightening fast, but still acceptable. But what I could not live with is the IR range. As much as I wanted to like this remote, I find myself packing it back up and returning to my dealer today. I'm limited to an 8 foot precise point with my Panasonic A310 DVD player. This makes some of my macros useless. If I have to get up and walk towards my DVD player, I might as well just walk the other 8 feet and hit the buttons myself. Now let's see, where was the number for that Pronto dealer....

Hosting Services by ipHouse